Friday, October 12, 2012

VeganMoFo Day Twelve: Orange Tofu Stir-Fry


I threw this together for dinner because I was craving rice (apparently that's possible??). This was one of the first recipes I ever made as a vegan, and it's one I'll always keep. The tofu tastes best if you cook it separately the same way I explain in this recipe. I also added in 1/2 cup snap peas and 1 cup broccoli florets. In the sauce, instead of brown sugar, I used brown rice syrup and doubled the amount of the corn starch mixture; however, I think it tastes best if you stick with the brown sugar version.





4 comments:

  1. I found this through tumblr and yummmm. As a vegetarian recently gone vegan, I've been looking for handy recipes! I'm definitely going to be making this when I've got the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw congrats on going vegan! If you ever have any recipe requests (especially if there's things you might miss as a new vegan!) feel free to let me know! c: And that's great, I hope you like this as much as I did.

      Delete
  2. I like stir fry recipe. Specially if the recipe is vegetables. Please post a lot of stir fry recipe about vegetables. Thank you.

    Best Stir Fry Recipe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting! :) I will be sure to post some more stir fry recipes soon!

      Delete