Tuesday, October 9, 2012

VeganMoFo Day Nine: Curried Autumn Vegetables


Finally, I was able to cook again today! I made this for lunch and it was pretty fantastic if I do say so myself. My mom added extra broth to hers and made a soup, and it actually turned out really well. 


Curried Autumn Vegetables
  • 1/2 butternut squash, chopped into 1-inch pieces
  • 2 medium potatoes, chopped into 1-inch pieces
  • 1/3 cup broth, plus more as needed
  • 1 red bell pepper, chopped into 3/4-inch pieces
  • 1 carrot, chopped
  • 1/2 onion, chopped
  • 1 14.5 oz can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tsp ground ginger
  • 2 tsp curry powder
  • dash cayenne pepper, optional
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
  • 14.5 oz can tomato sauce
  • 1 cup fresh spinach, stems removed

1) Heat broth over medium heat until boiling in a non-stick pan. Add potatoes and squash and cook for 15-20 minutes or until soft, adding more broth as needed.

2) Add garbanzo beans, pepper, carrots, garlic, and onion and cook for several minutes, until carrots are soft, again adding more broth as needed.


3) Stir in ginger, curry, cayenne, coconut, tomato sauce, and spinach and cook until tomato sauce begins gently bubbling.


4) Serve as is or over rice, quinoa, or other grain, or spread on a buckwheat pancake (I'd post a recipe for those if I had one, but I use a pre-made mix)


Serves 4


No comments:

Post a Comment