Friday, October 12, 2012

VeganMoFo Day Eleven: Pumpkin Whoopie Pies



I finally had to give in to my cravings and make something using actual sugar. Even though I got a stomach ache (only because I don't handle sugar well, not because of the recipe!), these were completely worth it. I guess when I read the recipe, I missed the note at the beginning saying these are not similar to traditional whoopie pies, and are more like cookies than cakes; I was a bit surprised (especially growing up in New England where whoopie pies are one of the main food groups at all major events), however, these are completely fantastic just the way they are. The only adjustments I made were non-hydrogenated margarine instead of shortening because I never seem to have shortening on hand, and an extra cup of powdered sugar because it was too liquidy without it.

Also, just an update from yesterday, I tried my Daysoft contacts today, and I love them. They are just as comfortable as my last brand, if not better, and I can see perfectly with them. For sure changing to this brand permanently!

No comments:

Post a Comment