Tuesday, October 2, 2012

VeganMoFo Day Two: Tofu Scramble for One


I'm on to day two! This is so exciting, now that I've actually had time to think about and plan my VeganMoFo. I still don't really have a plan I guess, but a better idea. Anyway, this morning I made some fabulous tofu scramble. I remember when I was little, the first thing I ever learned to cook was scrambled eggs. My dad and I would always cook it together, and it pretty much just ended up being him cooking and me eating parmesan cheese. But now that I'm vegan, I make this meal instead, and, honestly, I like it much better. I sometimes add vegetables, such as carrots or peppers. If you want a gluten-free version, just make sure that the broth is gluten-free or use water.

Tofu Scramble for One
  • 1/5 block of tofu, drained & pressed
  • 2 tbsp vegetable broth, vegan chicken broth, or water
  • 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (you can adjust the amount depending on how much you like the flavor of nutritional yeast)
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • handful of spinach, stems trimmed
1) Heat broth in a non-stick pan over medium heat until boiling.


2) Using your hands, crumble tofu into pan. Cook for two minutes, stirring constantly.

3) Reduce heat and stir in nutritional yeast until completely absorbed (you can add more broth if needed, one teaspoon at a time). 

4) Stir in salt, pepper, and spinach, and cook until spinach is slightly wilted. 

5) Serve immediately. Very good topped with ketchup and with a side of toast!

No comments:

Post a Comment