Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Single-Serving Pancakes

I almost let another full week go by without posting anything here, but thankfully these fantastic pancakes I made this morning prevented that. I really don't know what's gotten into me. I promise I won't let my lack of blogging go on for much longer!

Anyway, this recipe is really pretty superb. As in, I would it eat every day if I could. Keep in mind though, this is not a particularly low-calorie food, especially if you're like me and you like to drown your pancakes in maple syrup. They brown a little better if you include the oil, but they won't taste drastically different if you substitute it for more nondairy milk. I served mine with syrup (of course!), strawberries, and a mixture of ground up walnuts and flaxseeds (which has a surprisingly good flavor?). 






Single-Serving Pancakes
  • 1/4 cup + 3 tablespoons flour (white whole wheat, all-purpose, or a combination of both)
  • 1 tablespoon organic sugar or stevia sugar substitute 
  • 1/2 tsp Ener-g egg replacer (if you absolutely hate Ener-g, you can leave it out, but it's really much better if you use it)
  • 1/8 tsp baking powder 
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1/4 cup + 3 tablespoons nondairy milk
  • 1 tablespoon canola or other mild-tasting oil (or more nondairy milk for a lower fat version)
  • 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • drop of almond extract


In a bowl, combine dry ingredients. Add liquids and whisk until combined. Pour batter onto a greased non-stick skillet and cook over medium heat for several minutes, until bubbles appear. Flip and cook for several more minutes, until both sides are a nice shade of golden brown. 




No comments:

Post a Comment