This chili is one of my go-to recipes whenever I'm short on time. It's literally one of the easiest meals to make, and only uses one pot. Plus, chili is always fantastic on a cold day (especially when you're buried under several feet of snow from the most recent winter storm...). If you handle spicy food well, feel free to add more chili powder, but I don't use very much.
20 Minute Chili
- 1 28oz can diced tomatoes (petite diced tomatoes work well here!)
- 2 15oz cans beans, drained and rinsed (kidney, pinto, navy, cannelloni, etc.)
- 1 bell pepper, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 onion, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (or more, to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
Combine all ingredients in a large pot over medium-high heat. Once it starts to boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until peppers and onions are soft.