Sunday, March 10, 2013

I don't know why I'm posting this, it doesn't even have a recipe



Is it really March 10th already? I think, if anything, running this blog has taught me that being a professional blogger is not a career that will ever be in my future. On that note, I have been spending a lot of time lately thinking about colleges... I honestly have no idea where to start in the process of looking at schools. My friends talk to their guidance counselors at high school, but since I'm homeschooled, I'm on my own. Unlike everyone else I know, I don't even have any idea what I'd like to do for a career.  I suppose something to do with food would be ideal, probably at a culinary arts school, but I don't think I'd be very comfortable working with (and eating...) non-vegan food.  It's scary and overwhelming to think about college, even though I know it shouldn't be such a big deal.  Thankfully, I'm only a junior, and I'm probably going to take a year off after school to get a job or volunteer or something, so I still have time.  


Anyway, my dad's birthday was this week, so this was my first chance to use my new Sticky Fingers Sweets cookbook, unadapted and with full sugar and fat.  Taking full advantage of that, I made the choco-raspberry dream (his choice), which is a decadent chocolate cake loaded with raspberry frosting and coated with a rich chocolate ganache. I'll admit, I had no idea what ganache is, and I still don't think I really understand. But what matters is that it tasted magnificent.  This cake was probably the most beautiful thing I've ever created. Really, really unhealthy, but beautiful. I'm not going to post the recipe, since it's not mine, but I'm sure a quick Google search would give it to you if you wanted - or you could just buy the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment