Thursday, September 13, 2012

Quick & Simple Lunch: Carrot Pasta for One



During the summer, I usually cook elaborate lunches, but unfortunately, when the school year starts again, I tend to switch back to unsatisfying microwaved meals or PB&J sandwiches. This year, as I eat more healthy, balanced meals, I am challenged to create recipes that are not only organic but also simple enough that I can quickly put it together without interrupting my school schedule. I realize I'm very lucky that I'm homeschooled, and most teenage vegans will have to make a lunch that can be brought to school (I'll be working on making some pre-made lunches later!), but this recipe would still be good for lunch on a busy weekend or for a small supper.


Quick & Simple Lunch: Carrot Pasta for One

  • 2 medium carrots, peeled
  • 1-2 tablespoons water
  • 1/3 cup marinara sauce (or more or less, it's your choice)
  • 1/3 cup cannellini beans (optional)
  • vegan parmesan cheese (optional) 
1) Using your peeler, peel the carrots into long, thin strips. 

2) Place in a pan with water over medium-high heat. When water begins to boil, reduce heat to medium and cook for several minutes until carrots are soft, stirring occasionally.

3) Add marinara sauce and beans to pan and cook until sauce is hot.

4) Serve immediately and top with parmesan cheese if desired.

flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment